Try making your own seasoning and when you find one you like, make it in bulk! This is so easy and takes the same amount of time as making a smaller batch. Just add your spices to a bowl or ziplock bag, mix ’em up, store the extra to use next time in a baggie or glass dish.
I got this recipe from eatlivepaleo.com and it’s one of my favs! Triple or quadruple the spices to make seasoning for later. Next time this quick recipe will be even faster to make. 🙂
Spicy Lemon Chicken Paprika Thighs
- 2 lbs organic chicken thighs (can use skin on or off)
- 2 Tbs paprika
- 2 Tbs garlic powder
- 2 tsp cayenne powder
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground pepper
- zest and juice of 1 lemon (I’m too lazy to zest so I just use lemon juice)
- 1/4 cup oliv oil
- Mix all of the dry ingredients together
- Add olive oil and lemon juice
- Pour mixture over chicken in a ziplock bag.
- Mix it around in the bag and let sit for 15-20 minutes (the longer the better so if you have time to let it sit for hours, go for it!)
- Put it all in a glass dish and bake at 420 for 30 minutes or until internal temp reaches 165 degrees
Here is another recipe for tacos that I found on therealfoodrds.com
Whole30 Homemade Taco Seasoning
This makes enough for 3lbs of taco meat, double or triple for left over seasoning you can use later.
- 2 Tbs chili powder
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/4-1/2 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- Mix all ingredients together in a small jar (ziplock bag) and shake to combine. Can be stored for up to 6 months in cool dry place.
- Add 1 lb ground beef to skillet over medium-high heat
- Use a spatula to break up the meat as it cooks
- When meat cooked, add 1/2 Tbs taco seasoning over meat, 2-3 Tbs water, and stir to combine (add more water if needed)
- For saucier taco meat add 2 Tbs tomato paste to meat mixture and stir
To be honest, I have not tried this taco recipe yet. If you look at the taco seasoning packets you grab from the grocery store, there is a lot of extra junk in them! I’m definitely going to make this soon. Happy cooking! 🙂