The answer is YESSSSS! Thank God! I do not know how I would make it without potatoes! Whole30 says that ALL potatoes are approved. Below are a two ways that I like to make my potatoes. So easy and so good!
Sweet Potatoes In the Crockpot
- Wash sweet potatoes
- Put them in crockpot
- Turn crockpot on low
- Leave overnight
I eat these for breakfast. Here is a recipe for one of my favorite breakfast bowls. I stole and modified this from The Company Cafe in Dallas. Theirs is the best, but this is good for a morning at home. Just throw the following foods in a bowl.
- Sweet potato
- Ground beef (throw your favorite seasoning on if you like)
- Sliced avocado
- 1-2 eggs, over medium
- grilled jalapeños (optional)
Slow Cooker Herbed Baby Potatoes – Recipe from slowcookergourmet.net
- 1 1/2 pounds baby dutch potatoes (I use any baby potatoes I find that come in a bag at the grocery store.)
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp dill
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp dried parsley for garnish (optional)
- Wash and dry potatoes
- Toss with olive oil, salt, pepper and dill
- Cover and cook on high for 2-4 hours or low for 5-8 hours. The smaller the potatoes are, the faster they will cook.
- Garnish with parsley.
I’m a bit lazy when it comes to cooking so I throw everything in the crockpot and sprinkle without measuring. I leave them on low overnight. Perfect for an easy side dish!
Comment and let me know what your favorite way to cook potatoes is.