I posted a picture of these wings on my personal Facebook page and on Instagram. Ever since, I’ve had multiple people ask me for the recipe. I’ve also come across a handful of friends who are trying Paleo. Paleo isn’t so hard when you find delicious recipes like this one!!
My husband came across this recipe and sent me the link. It’s from Paleo Newbie. I love these wings because 1) they are super easy 2) they are sooooo good 3) they don’t take forever to make. I do make them a little different from the website. I found that the original way is a bit messy and a lot of the seasoning falls off when I bake them that way. If you want to see how I alter the recipe, Jessica’s directions are listed underneath the recipe.
Here is what you need…
- wire rack
- cookie sheet covered in foil
- 2 lbs pre-cut chicken wings
- 1/4 cup honey
For the Chipotle Seasoning Mix:
- 1 Tbs Chipotle Powder
- 1 Tbs Coconut Sugar
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Dry Mustard
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients for the Chipotle Seasoning Mix together in a bowl.
- Dunk chicken wings in seasoning mix, coating completely. Place on wire rack, sitting on top of foil-covered baking sheet.
- Bake for 35 minutes.
- Remove from oven, baste with honey and bake an additional 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and baste one last time with honey. Serve hot.
Jessica’s Directions: This is how I bake them because it is easier for me and I think tastes just as good, if not better.
- Triple the recipe for the seasoning to make sure every piece is very coated. (We buy wings and drummies.) I usually have extra seasoning left over.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes non-stop. I do not take them out to baste with honey.
- After taking out from the oven I test with thermometer to make sure it reaches 165-170 degrees.
- Place on plates to serve and drizzle with honey. I don’t measure, just set honey on the table to drizzle or dip the wings in.
- I serve with roasted potatoes, celery, carrots and paleo ranch.
These are so delicious! Perfect for guilt-free, game or draft day munching! I have to warn you, they do have a kick, so make sure you have some water ready if you are a wienie like me. Try these out and let me know what you think!
For the official recipe and more great paleo eats, visit the link below.